PiC Solution Aquabloc Strip Plasters
Waterproof protection for small cuts and abrasiaons
From Pic research comes the new AQUABLOC plaster: the ultra-thin, breathable plaster with a special polyurethane backing, designed and developed to guarantee the wound’s maximum protection against water and bacteria, the main obstacles to safe healing.
The good weather is almost upon us and like every year water will play a central role in our day-to-day life: many of us are already trying hard to lose those extra pounds in the local pool so we can look good in our swimming costumes and in a few weeks we'll be off to swim at the beach, the lake or at the lido, either in our free time or for our holidays.
For all those who will spend a good part of the next few months getting wet – either in seawater or freshwater – Pic research has created an innovative and technologically advanced product: Aquabloc.
Aquabloc is a plaster as thin as a second skin, devised and developed to offer wound s maximum protection against water and bacteria, and is part of the continual updating of the strip plaster range.
Available in two versions – 'Strip' for small cuts and wounds and “Post-op” for larger wounds – Aquabloc is made with a special hydrophilic polyurethane backing that is 20 microns thick (1 micron is a thousandth of a millimetre), ultra-thin and highly breathable, thanks in part to the special adhesive.This innovative material stops the annoying 'wrinkled' effect that is typical of other products on the market. Once dry, Aquabloc returns to its original unwrinkled, snug shape!
But Pic research has not stopped there… in fact to prevent blood and other exudates from rising to the surface, a special water-repellent pad has been designed. Besides being a sterile, waterproof barrier against water and bacteria, Aquabloc also has other advantages: it can be left on the skin for several days, it is highly breathable thanks to the high tolerance adhesive, and it is ultra-thin and therefore never uncomfortable. It is the perfect plaster for all times when the skin tends to become hot and/or sweat and the adhesive is put to the test.
Not only is it perfect for those of us who like the hot weather, Aquablocproducts can of course also be used in the colder months…and at last no more plasters falling off and blocking the plughole!
Aquabloc Strip Benefits
- You can't see it, you can't feel it: The special polyurethane film makes AQUABLOC post-op plasters ultra-thin and invisible.
- Water and bacteria-proof barrier.
- Special water-repellent pad stops blood from rising to the surface, guaranteeing the best aesthetic result
- Can be left on the skin for several days. AQUABLOC’s special design enables it to be used in all situations causing the skin to heat up and sweat, in other words situations in which the adhesive is put to the test, such as in the swimming pool, at the beach, under a hot shower, in a hot bath, etc.
- Adaptable to even the most awkward parts of the body.