OralScan is an oral fluid (saliva) based test that can offer a less invasive form of drug testing.
OralScan is an easy to use test that has three components – the collection sponge, collection vial and test cassette. The test is very easy to use and provides results within a few minutes.
Features of the OralScan - Drugs of Abuse Saliva Test
How the Oralscan Drug Testing device is used
1. Hold the Oral Collector by its handle and insert the sponge into the mouth to collect the oral fluid.
Swab the sponge continuously around the mouth.
Press gently between tongue and the roof of the mouth to ensure full saturation. Collection is complete when there are no hard areas left and the collection sponge is saturated with oral fluid.
2. Flip open the top of the Collection Vial and insert the collector, sponge first. Push the collector down against the strainer to extract the oral fluid.
3. Close the top of the collection vial and unscrew the cap exposing the dropper.
4. Gently squeeze the end chamber of the Collection Vial and dispense 3 drops into the sample well of the cassette.
Replace the vial cap afterwards.
5. Read the results at 10 minutes.
ORALSCAN CUTOFF LEVELS
The OralScan test device is designed for use with oral fluid only.
Preparation: Bring test to room temperature before opening. Ensure that the subject has had nothing in their mouth 5 minutes prior to conducting this test. Unpack components of the OralScan and follow instructions as shown above.
Reading Results: You can read negative results as soon as the lines form, but for positive results please wait the full 10 minute development time.
Middle Path Online
www.pocd.com.au/POCDdt_OralScan_saliva_drug_screening_test.php last updated on March 14th,2012 Copyright POCD Pty Ltd, ©2011
Point Of Care Diagnostics, Artarmon, New South Wales, Australia ABN 93 067 939 824
product descriptions gratefully used with permission of the manufacturers.